Certification of Identity Documents

No need to send identity documents to the IRS

Rachel Finch is a Certifying Acceptance Agent, so is able to certify and complete a Certificate of Accuracy (COA) to authenticate your foreign identity documents. So you don’t need to send your identity documents to the IRS in the USA.

What this means is: if you don’t qualify for a Social Security Number but still need an Indivitual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to file a Form 1040, we can help.

A regular Acceptance Agent (AA) is not able to certify documents, and instead can only review them – they still need to be mailed to the USA with your ITIN application.

As a Certifying Acceptance Agent, Rachel is now authorised offer the following services:

  • Complete the IRS Form W-7, Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • Provide a certified copy of acceptable ID documents – the IRS no longer accepts notarised copies of such documents. Originals are still accepted where applicable
  • Review the required supporting documentation as required for submission
  • Issue a Certificate of Accuracy to the IRS, showing that the ITIN application is complete, accurate and that the documentation provided to us for review is authentic
  • Submit the application to the IRS ITIN Operations office for processing
  • Receive the ITIN from the IRS and provide a copy to you
  • Offer expedited ITIN number application services by communicating directly with the ITIN office by phone

Need some advice?

To speak to an adviser about your US/UK Tax affairs, please call Rachel Finch, Director, on 01275 867350. Alternatively, you can send a message to the team now.