We are delighted that Rachel Finch has now officially become a Certifying Acceptance Agent. This means that Rachel can now certify and complete a Certificate of Accuracy (COA) to authenticate foreign identity documents for you, so you don’t need to send your identity documents to the IRS in the USA.
A Certifying Acceptance Agent is a person (or business) who is authorised by the IRS to assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to file a Form 1040.
To become a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) you need to complete forensic document training. Acceptance Agents (AA) do not. CAAs review and certify original documents. AAs simply review the original documents and must mail the documents with the ITIN application.
As a Certifying Acceptance Agent, Rachel is now authorised offer the following services:
– Complete the IRS Form W-7, Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
– Provide a certified copy of acceptable ID documents – the IRS no longer accepts notarized copies of such documents. Originals are still accepted where applicable.
– Review the required supporting documentation as required for submission
– Issue a Certificate of Accuracy to the IRS, showing that the ITIN number application is complete, accurate and that the documentation provided to us for review is authentic.
– Submit the application to the IRS ITIN Operations office for processing
– Receive the ITIN number from the IRS and provide a copy to the foreign individual.
– Offer expediated ITIN number application services by communicating directly with the ITIN office by phone.
To speak to an adviser about your US/UK Tax affairs, please call Rachel Finch, Director, on 01275 867350. Alternatively, you can send a message to the team now.